Welcome SimsGuruJim to the team! Now here are some Sims 4 screens. Click here to view more screenshots! Advertisements
Just got word from The Sims Team that we won’t have toddlers or pools in the base game of The Sims 4! That’s a giant leap back from what we’ve had. The only time we didn’t have those things was in the Sims 1 and TS1 had pools so wtf is the problem?! I get that they’re trying to accommodate lower end machines but this is just too far. I like playing with my Sims’ babies. Babies. I didn’t say kids. I said a specific age group.
Which brings me to this: Our Sims will be able to have babies, but will they age from newborn baby to kid straight away? Or will they just be born as kids?
This is a fail all around. I just don’t understand how they could do this.
The Sims Gurus are trying to get around it by saying “Oh well we have new fountain building tools, so shut up and be happy! :D”
No. I will NOT be happy EA! Fountain building is not pool building, and it sure as hell is not toddlers.
I think I’m going to stick with The Sims 3. This is absolute bullshit.
Comment below and tell me what you think of this new major update.
This is a preview of the August issue from PC Gamer.
- The game is over 70% done. Gamers Master Magazine interviewed The Sims teams months ago.
- The Sims team is focusing on the base game. No expansions just yet.
- Gurus cannot comment on the life stages of Sims yet.
- Children taken by social workers will be put “[into] household management, but won’t be able to adopt through adoption flow. But, you can “play it out.””
- There are bonus traits.
- The team can’t talk about bikes either.
- There isn’t a Woohoo skill anymore! (This is due to the fact that people weren’t comfortable with it, and the Sims team were concerned about the rating.)
- Sims can sing in the shower.
- Aspirations can change.
- There are 6 needs in the Sims 4: Bladder, Hunger, Energy, Fun, Social, Hygiene. “Others are subtly integrated into the system.”
- You can create multiple families in the same town unlike in the Sims 3. There is no need to “start a new city for a new family”.
- There aren’t any turn-ons or turn-offs like in The Sims 2.
- SimsGuruGrant has refused to comment on cars.
- The concept of Whims is similar to the Wish system previous Sims games have had. Whims cannot be locked (like with Sims 2 Wants).
- There are now aspirations instead of Lifetime Wishes.
- “You can delete all the Sims living in the world. The game will continue to randomly generate other Sims that come visit though.”
- “There isn’t a stylist career in the base game. When you go back into CAS it’s just for changing things like clothes, makeup, etc.”
In Germany’s latest issue of “Sims Official Magazine”, images of the genetics system in TS4 have been revealed! The system will allow a player to create children, teens, adults, elders, and give them the ability to be related to one another. (Think of the engine in The Sims 3 which allowed a player to finally make Sims a couple rather than just roommates or married.) Here are some screenshots of the new system.
The screenshot below shows that only children can be created in CAS, but it is unclear if the game engine in the pictures provided is up to date since the icons look a little different from the ones shown at E3.
Really excited for CAS!
I’ve added a slideshow with more CAS pictures!
What do you guys think of Create-A-Sim so far? Comment below to discuss!