- The game is over 70% done. Gamers Master Magazine interviewed The Sims teams months ago.
- The Sims team is focusing on the base game. No expansions just yet.
- Gurus cannot comment on the life stages of Sims yet.
- Children taken by social workers will be put “[into] household management, but won’t be able to adopt through adoption flow. But, you can “play it out.””
- There are bonus traits.
- The team can’t talk about bikes either.
- There isn’t a Woohoo skill anymore! (This is due to the fact that people weren’t comfortable with it, and the Sims team were concerned about the rating.)
- Sims can sing in the shower.
- Aspirations can change.
- There are 6 needs in the Sims 4: Bladder, Hunger, Energy, Fun, Social, Hygiene. “Others are subtly integrated into the system.”
- You can create multiple families in the same town unlike in the Sims 3. There is no need to “start a new city for a new family”.
- There aren’t any turn-ons or turn-offs like in The Sims 2.
- SimsGuruGrant has refused to comment on cars.
- The concept of Whims is similar to the Wish system previous Sims games have had. Whims cannot be locked (like with Sims 2 Wants).
- There are now aspirations instead of Lifetime Wishes.
- “You can delete all the Sims living in the world. The game will continue to randomly generate other Sims that come visit though.”
- “There isn’t a stylist career in the base game. When you go back into CAS it’s just for changing things like clothes, makeup, etc.”